Durable Labels for Science’s Most Important Samples
We understand how important it is for research and medical facilities to reliably identify, track and protect valuable samples and specimens. Life changing science depends on it.
That’s why Polyonics® engineered a family of 5 mil (127µm) durable nylon label materials specifically for use in cryogenic and laboratory applications.
Medical, Laboratory and Cryogenic Label Materials
Our label materials are available in two grades of nylon and pressure sensitive adhesives (PSA). The unique, nylon woven material is ideal for wrapping labels around small radiuses and curved surfaces. The labels provide excellent resistance to harsh chemicals, such as sodium hydroxide and mineral spirits, and are tested and approved by third party laboratories for use on glass tubes and slides, as well as with polypropylene tubes, vials, etc., for up to one hour of liquid nitrogen exposure to -320 °F (-196 °C). The durable surfaces can be printed via thermal transfer or dot matrix or by hand with a pen or marker.
Features and Benefits
- Labels must be applied to surface at room temperature
- Extreme low temperature adhesion performance: -320°F (-196°C)
- Conforms to curved and/or contoured surfaces
- Chemical resistant
- Thermal transfer and dot matrix printable
- Pen and marker writable
- REACH and RoHS compliant
- Laboratory ID and tracking
- Cryogenics, freezer storage
- Plastic and glass surfaces
- Test tubes, slides, vials, etc
- Metal plates
- Lightly textured surfaces
Medical Device Label Materials
Polyonics manufactures materials for the identification and tracking of medical devices that comply with the UDI initiative (tested to the UL/IEC 60601-1 and UL/IEC 61010-1 for coating durability). The REACH and RoHS compliant materials include polyimide (PI) and polyester (PET) films (renowned for dimensional stability and chemical resistance in high temperature, harsh environment tracking applications) and high temperature PSAs.
Features and Benefits
- High durability
- Temperature and chemical resistant
- High strength PSAs including low surface energy options
- Halogen free, REACH and RoHS compliant
- Thermal transfer printable and laser markable options
- Low out gassing options
- ID and tracking of medical devices
- UDI tracking
- Multi-cycle sterilization
- Multi-cycle detergent wash
To learn more about our unique engineered label and tape materials, call our technical experts at (603) 352-1415 or complete the form below to request more information. We look forward to working with you and earning your business.
Medical, Laboratory and Cryogenic Performance Material Data Sheets
Visit our Performance Labels Library to learn more about our health and science labels and download product Data Sheets
Affiliations and Associations
Polyonics is proud to be associated with or be a member of the following industry organizations