Protect Printed Images From Harsh Environments
Polyonics clear polyimide overlaminates are designed to protect printed images from extreme environmental conditions including high (and low) heat, abrasion, organic solvents and harsh chemicals. The overlaminates allow image readability, where color is not important, are dimensionally stable and provide long term protection from smearing, loss of image clarity and resolution. The protective materials are offered with either 25 µm or 50 µm mil polyimide films, three different PSAs—to suit a wide variety of applications, surface materials and conditions and liners for ease of handling and die cutting.
- Protect valuable information on caution, warning, instructional, logo/OEM branding, ID, asset tracking, barcode labels, signs, etc. from chemicals, abrasion and high heat.
- Protect printed images from moisture exposure and smearing when heated and/or abraded.
- Recommended for use in automotive, aerospace, and electronic applications where dimensional stability and/or protection from hostile environmental conditions are required.
- Protect images when long term heat exposure and/or chemical submersion is required.
- Cover PCB and component tracking barcode labels where low profile is needed.
§ Use on heavy equipment, drying and curing ovens, equipment being used in food processing or metal processing plants, electronic PCB processing, etc.
|XF-1501||25 µm (1mil) clear polyimide||25µm high temperature acrylic PSA||50µm||Clear polyimide overlaminate. Halogen free and REACH and RoHS compliant. High strength, high temperature PSA. UV and chemical resistant. Temperature rating: -40 to 500°C|
|XF-1502||50µm (2 mil) clear polyimide||50µm high temperature acrylic PSA||100µm |
|Clear polyimide overlaminate. Halogen free and REACH and RoHS compliant. High strength, high temperature and extra-thick PSA. UV and chemical resistant. Ideal for auto apply and applications involving non-uniform surfaces. Temperature rating: -40 to 500°C|
To learn more about these unique performance labels, call our technical experts at (603)352-1415 or request information.